- TechCrunch - 1Password bolts on a ‘pwned password’ check
- Ars Technica - Find out if your password has been pwned—without sending it to a server
- BGR - 1Password has a new feature that alerts you if a password is stolen
- Boing Boing - IoT Anti-Patterns
- The Register - Firefox hooks up with HaveIBeenPwned for password pwnage probe
- TechRepublic - Mozilla’s new Firefox service can tell users if they’re a victim of a data breach
- Threat Post - Mozilla Announces Firefox Monitor Tool Testing, Firefox 61
- SC Magazine - FireEye layoffs as cyber-criminals gorge on low-hanging ransomware
- Threat Post - Revamp of ‘Pwned Passwords’ Boosts Privacy and Size of Database
- SC Magazine - EU ministers rattle sabres at encrypted ISIS jihadi comms channels
- Voices of the ElePHPant - Interview with Junade Ali
- PHP Roundtable Podcast - All About HTTP/2
- PHPClasses - The Best PHP Books 2018 and 2017
Junade Ali is a British computer scientist with specialist knowledge of computer security, distributed systems and software design. His software engineering experience has varied from being the lead developer of the then largest digital agency in the UK (by headcount) to developing software for embedded systems used in mission critical road safety applications.
At the age of 17, he started a post-graduate Masters, and was later awarded a Distinction and “Best Overall Masters” award for a thesis based of his earlier conference paper “Coverage and Sensor Placement for Vehicles on Predetermined Routes - A Greedy Heuristic Approach”.
With specialist experience in refactoring legacy software and software design, Junade has published multiple books on software engineering, including the best-selling title: “Mastering PHP Design Patterns”.
Currently, Junade holds the position of Lead Support Operations Engineer at Cloudflare and is working part-time on a PhD in theoretical computer science.
Junade can be found on Twitter as @IcyApril.
Trivia: Junade once co-authored a book on constitutional law with the late Professor Stephen Haseler and Graham Allen MP.